Sometimes you just want to go to a place that can satisfy your passion for wine. Yes, there are places that serve great food and offer interesting entertainment, but if it’s wine that tops your wish list, then a wine bar is the place to visit. Whether you are craving a rare vintage or you just want a well-aged Merlot, there are plenty of bars in Ottawa that put extra focus toward wine lovers. Stay in one of the downtown hotels and you can choose a few bars to check out over a weekend trip.
Best Wine Bars in Downtown Ottawa
Ottawa has a unique food scene that brings culinary talent from around the world. With that talent come highly skilled sommeliers that select delicious wines for the perfect pairing.
If you are staying at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel downtown Ottawa, you are in luck. There are numerous wine bars within walking distance – and they are some of the highest-rated eateries and bars in the country.
While just about every wine bar in Ottawa has something to offer, these are the top bars within walking distance of the Cartier Place Suite Hotel:
- Play Food & Wine – Here you enjoy fine dining in an informal setting. The food is extraordinary and their wine list is not only amazing, but surprisingly affordable. The menu changes daily based on seasonal availability, so you never know what you will find when you dine here.
- Vineyards Wine Bar Bistro – Enjoy some of the finest wines and bistro-style menu items at Vineyards. They have special performance nights, including jazz night, which make it a fun place to unwind.
- Aroma Small Plates and Wine – If you like small plate dining experiences expertly paired with great wines, Aroma is the perfect restaurant to try. They feature a Mediterranean menu and wines from Italy, Greece, France and more.
- Café Mezzaluna – Located inside Cartier Place Suites Hotels, you will find the delightful Café Mezzaluna. This romantic dining room has a wine list that features selections from Italy, Australia, New Zealand, France and more, all paired with an exceptional menu.
- Must Kitchen & Wine Bar – Enjoy small plates, amazing wines and inviting décor. The food is much more refined here, and includes menu items like seared foie gras.
- 10 Fourteen Bar –If you are looking for a warm and friendly wine bar to hang out with friends, this is just the place. With tasty bar bites and a choice of charcuterie selections, plus a pinball machine, collection of board games and foot-tapping classics, you won’t want to leave.
- Beckta Dining & Wine – Beckta not only has a great wine list and a romantic atmosphere, but if you are celebrating something special, you can bring in your own bottle of wine to mark the occasion too.
- Fresco Bistro Italiano – This Ottawa institution does not only offer fresh local food but a large and creative list of cocktails, beer, wine and spirits. Specialized in hosting large groups for lunch, dinner with an ideal setting, this is the place to contact for a group reservation.
- Johnny Farina – This family owned restaurant is known for its great Italian food and its warm atmosphere. You will also find a large variety of menu items and alcoholic beverages to choose from. Customers can either enjoy a nice lounge area where you can enjoy drinks with friends or the great Italian vibe and exceptional food in their main restaurant where they specialize in pizzas cooked in a wood burning oven.
- Mystiko Greek Kitchen – If you want to experience traditional Greek food in Ottawa this is the place to go! This family owned restaurant offers high quality cuisine inspired by the owner’s childhood growing up in Greece.
While there are many hotels downtown to choose from, Cartier Place Suite Hotels offers a comfortable stay, pet-friendly accommodations, and is located in the heart of Ottawa. Walk from our hotel to one of these amazing wine bars and enjoy a night on the town while you stay in one of the highest rated suite hotels in Canada.
Book your stay online now or contact our hotel’s information desk at 1-800-236-8399.