March break is approaching quickly, parents are trying to find exciting activities for their children that provides for both a fun and education experience!
Downtown Ottawa offers plenty of things to see and do—things your whole family will love.
Maybe you have to work, but you want somewhere fun for the kids to go. There are plenty of options in Ottawa:
- Camp Fortune: Skiing professionals offer ski lessons for ages 4 and up; you can even choose a five-day lesson package.
- Jack Purcell Recreation Association: Jack Purcell runs a five-day fun camp for kids ages 5 to 12. Kids will swim, cook, and even visit Midway Fun Park.
- Shenkman Arts Centre: Is there a little Da Vinci in your family? Send them to a media arts and mixed media camp, where kids learn to paint and make a stop-motion film.
- Diefenbunker: Kids learn about the art of espionage. Their skills will include breaking codes, using spy gadgets, and solving scavenger hunts.
Many people associate the word museum with boring, but Ottawa museums might help dispel that notion. There are plenty of kid-friendly museums downtown.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum: This year your kids can learn all about helicopters through workshops and demonstrations. They can also participate in the annual LEGO contest.
- Canada Science and Technology Museum: Speaking of building LEGOs, if your kids like to build, they’ll love the mini engineering activities here.
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Kids will get to hang out with frogs, toads, and other animals and even watch 3D movies.
- Canadian Museum of History: This March break is all about snow. Kids can even build an indoor igloo!
- Canada Agriculture and Food Museum: Visit live animals and experience food demonstrations during the break.
You may have lived near Ottawa for years, but have you ever experienced these thrilling activities as a family?
- The Haunted Walk: Take a tour through the county jail and see the last working gallows in Canada.
- Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm: All-you-can-eat homemade pancakes? And a petting zoo? Break time is extra exciting here!
- Fulton’s Pancake House and Sugar Bush: Let the pancake party continue with maple syrup and snow taffy. And don’t forget about the horse-drawn carriage rides that are available every day during March break.
With our list, you should no longer be at a loss of what to do with your kids in Ottawa during March break! Take this time to enjoy a moment with the kids and explore Ottawa.
Stay in One of the Hotels Downtown
Cartier Place Suite Hotel is in the perfect location for those visiting Ottawa during the March Break. Located off Elgin Street, our hotel is within walking distance to the best eateries, amenities, and more.
Book your stay online now or contact our hotel’s information desk at 1-800-236-8399.