The Ottawa Fall Rhapsody takes place from September 26 to October 12, 2015. Take in the beauty of the multi-coloured leaves in one of the most beautiful parks in Canada. The scenic Gatineau Park will be the place to be to see all the magnificent colours during the fall season when in the Ottawa area.
There are several must see areas of Gatineau Park, such as the lookouts, the parkways, the family friendly Pink Lake Trail, and many more; but don’t forget to check out some of the hidden gems such as the Luskville Falls, Philippe Lake, and for the experienced hikers: the Wolf Trail which can take you to one of the highest peaks in Gatineau Park. You can take in stunning views of Gatineau and Ottawa from these high peaks.
Here is a list of some of the fun activities for the whole family to take part in during the celebration:
- Carriage rides and a corn roast at the park’s Cross Loop Road at Meech Creek Valley will be featured on the opening night of September 28, 2015
- The 15th Annual Rhapsody Festival Walk will take place on October 3, 2015
- Birds of prey demonstrations, guided nature walks and canoe making demonstrations will take place at Phillippe Lake on October 3 and 4, 2015
- Rent a bike or bring your own bike from home so you may take a leisurely bike ride through the park roads or on the forest trails for the mountain biking enthusiasts
- Check out Camp Fortune for one of the best views and take part in the free shuttle that leaves every ten minutes between 11am and 4pm with multiple stops throughout the park
Book Your Downtown Hotel Today
Gatineau Park is located 15 minutes from downtown Ottawa. Make a weekend out of your visit to the city and stay at the Cartier Place Suite Hotel. It is the perfect place to call home while you enjoy the most picturesque scenery imaginable.
While the sun is shining, experience the spectacular views of Gatineau Park and in the evening come back to our downtown Ottawa location to enjoy the nightlife on trendy Elgin Street. One of the hippest neighbourhoods in town.
Book your stay online now or contact our hotel’s information desk to inquire about seasonal specials at 1-800-236-8399.