The time is almost here to come and join one of the most colourful events Ottawa has to offer. The Capital Pride event kicks off August 14th to the 23rd with plenty of events, a remarkable parade, and a festival that every Canadian needs to visit at least once.
Celebrate GLBTTQ Pride Downtown
The Capital Pride Festival was created as a mission to help bring the GLBTTQ community together as well as to educate the country about those in the community. It is a celebration full of events, festival fun and of course, a parade. Just some of what you can expect to see this year includes:
- Cabaret – Check out A Gay Ol’ Time Cabaret II at the National Arts Centre on Elgin Street.
- Live Performances – From local tribute bands to comedy to speeches, there will be live performances hosted by local nightclubs, comedy clubs, and more.
- Film Night – Catch a few international and local film showings throughout the festival hosted by the Bytowne Cinema.
- The Rainbow Party – One of the most colorful and exciting parties in the area. Hosted at Barrymore’s Music Hall & Babylon Nightclub.
- & Miss Capital Pride Pageant – Each year there is a Pride Pageant where a group will display their many talents and help represent the GLBTTQ community.
- Capital Pride Parade – The Parade is what closes the last day of the Festival and makes its way from Gladstone Avenue to Bank Street. You will see colourful displays, costumes and even performers.
Stay in our Downtown Hotel to Enjoy the Capital Pride Festival
Cartier Place Suite Hotel is located off Cooper Street. Whether you are attending all of the events or you just want to catch the Capital Pride Parade, you will be literally just a few steps from it all. Our hotel’s downtown location 3 blocks away from the path of the parade and within walking distance to the local venues hosting festival events.
Do not forget to come back and enjoy Elgin Street, where you can find everything from local bakeries to restaurants and local nightclubs.
Book your stay online now or contact our hotel’s information desk at 800-236-8399.